Yes. Starting February 15, 2022, you can get $0 at-home COVID-19 tests at most CVS Pharmacy locations. There’s no need to submit receipts or wait for reimbursement. Please note this does not include CVS pharmacies located in Target or Schnucks.
There are two ways to get your $0 at-home tests:
- Order online at CVS.com or use the CVS Pharmacy app
- Visit the pharmacy counter at your local CVS Pharmacy
If you prefer to order online, follow these steps:
- First get your insurance card, you’ll need some information from it
- Go to CVS.com or use your CVS Pharmacy app and select “At-home COVID-19 tests.” Follow the instructions to request your test.
- Enter your zip code and find the closest CVS Pharmacy with available tests
- Select “Request at-home tests” and follow the instructions to enter the appropriate information from your insurance card.
Once your order is ready, you’ll get an email or text. Then go to the CVS Pharmacy location you ordered from and see any cashier at the front of the store and provide your name and confirmation code to pick it up. If you have any questions, visit CVS.com or ask your pharmacist.
Starting in March 2022, a “Ship to Home” option will be available. If you choose this option, you’ll need to enter the address where you want to receive your order. Shipping costs depend on your plan – you can see your shipping fees when you enter your insurance information. If you are enrolled in the CVS Pharmacy CarePass® program, your shipping costs may be waived. If you aren’t eligible for free shipping, you’ll be asked to enter a credit card number, and you’ll be charged $5.49 per order.
A few things to keep in mind:
- Orders cannot be picked up in the drive-through
- If you do not pick up your order within 72 hours, it will be cancelled
- At-home COVID-19 tests may be available at other pharmacies in your plan’s pharmacy network; contact your plan administrator for more information
- If you are in a CVS Pharmacy store, you can still use the online order tool. Ask a store associate for the QR code you can scan on your mobile device. That will take you to the online order application. From here, you can place your order, which the store will receive immediately. Store employees will fill the order and you can be on your way.